League City is located in northwestern Galveston County, and began as a Karankawa Indian Village. In 1873, George W. Butler became its first resident and the community was called Butlers Ranch or Clear Creek. In 1893, a man named J.C. League acquired much of the land, laid out a town site, and provided for a school. Beginning as a farming community, our little township has now come to be known as League City. The local population remained small until the oil pipelines and the NASA facilities opened up, providing a stable economy, and jobs for everyone. The mild gulf climate and the Clear Creek Independent School District (CCISD) mushroomed the population from 19,000 residents in 1990, to 74,000 residents today. Planners and administrators have kept up with the tremendous growth in fine fashion, earning League City a spot as finalist in Money Magazines 2006 – 100 Best Places to Live. League City homes have kept pace with construction of new resort style, master planned communities featuring respected home builders such as Perry, Trend makers, Coventry, and Plantation Homes.
- South Shore Harbor – Homes in the gated community of South Shore Harbor are nestled in Cannon Gates fantastic 27 hole private golf course, with rolling hills, water hazards and natures contribution of a steady wind that beats off the bay.
- Whispering Lakes Ranch – Buyers relocating from out of state are impressed with the affordability and the amenities found here.
- Victory Lakes – Come out for a tour of the beautiful Victory Lakes Homes to see for yourself how convenient this location is to everything you will need.
- Tuscan Lakes – is an 870-acre Tuscan themed, master planned mix-use community featuring Mediterranean style stone and stucco homes.
- Meadow Bend – Built by General Homes in 1979, Meadow Bend is conveniently located between Clear Lake and Kemah; Meadow Bend is one of the largest master planned communities in the area.
- Mar Bella – Features a resort style swimming pool with Water Park, a nature preserve, and miles of bike and hike trails.
- Marina Village – is set up as a quaint water front community with a European flare.
- Brittany Lakes – is a wonderful place to live, with gorgeous homes, new homes, beautiful walking trails and sidewalks, lakes, pools, parks and all around amazing landscape.
- Magnolia Creek – Offers convenient access to many amenities’ including the inviting, and impressive private 27-hole Scottish links golf course.
- Center pointe – Privacy, combined with an executive lifestyle, makes Center pointe the place to call home.
- Austin Park – Nearby 96 and 270 gives you direct access to either downtown League City, I-45 access or even directly to 146 which brings you to the amazing area of Kemah
- Harbor Park – If you haven’t explored the homes for sale in Harbor Park please take a look at the real estate here!